Sunday, December 23, 2007

Thing21---FLICKR and tagging

I think FLICKR is different from regular social tagging in that it can be used for a business to promote its' serviceslike a library. I saw where a photography studio was advertising its' company. There was a lot of information about the photographs and hours. The library ones I viewed showed picturs of buildings being built, renovations, a history of a library can be created. Again, on the informational side there were photos of new fiction, new nonfiction, new dvds, teen activities, speakers, services offered to the community. it's not just here are my pictures from my vacation, etc.

I saw a FLICKR discussion where people were discussing new self-publishing techniques. people can respond to the photos or information given.
Tagging allows people to locate pictures more quickly. You can find pictures by subject, genre, group, etc. You can type in the words like paintings, live music, location, computer-generated, etc. You can ask if the works can be borrowed for a project you are working on. You can assign up to 75 tags to a photo. Other people can assign tags to your work if you want.

No comments: