Monday, January 14, 2008

Thing 29--my experiences and observations

Well, to be honest with you , it has been a nerve-wracking experience in a lot of ways. I guess it came at a time when there was a lot going on here --new staff to train, schedules to do, filling in when some bug hit the staff, etc. As an older member of the library everything I saw
via web 2.0 was new!!! I did not know these things were there or that they could be easily created. I did have trouble establishing my first blog. I do believe the exposure to this technology was good. I only wish we had more time to spend on each Thing.

As to other people's blogs, I liked the ones with music and lots of pictures. i am a visual person. The most fun i had was with flickr. The pictures were so cool. I also liked signing on to the rss feeds. I wonder if I'll use these technologies again in my work.
I've learned about the more intellectual uses of myspace and facebook--- such as playing scrabble with a coworker or friend. I'd like to learn morebut at a slower pace.

1 comment:

slk said...

Hello Bridget & co...

What a cool blog. You have worked really hard! I agree with you in that I enjoy the blogs with pictures and music...